Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A little word on domesticity

I was curious to see what definitions I would find if I googled "domesticity".  One of the definitions was, "A house servant; a maid," which made me chuckle because it certainly feels that way sometimes.  My favorite definition was, "Affection for the home and its material comforts."  There is just something very satisfying about creating things that add to the material comforts of your home, isn't there? 

I am in heaven right now because I am experiencing domestic life at it's best.  My parents are visiting from out of town and we are busy with outings and just spending time together as a family.  I love it.  I haven't had a lot of time to sit down and create but I have been enjoying teaching my mom a little about how to use her Cricut - and now I want an Expression even more!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...