Wednesday, August 18, 2010

PKS Challenge #35

So here's the sketch for this week's challenge:


And here are the colors:


I have to say in the world of colors, probably my least favorite are teal and purple (oops sorry, orchid).  I don't wear these colors, I don't generally dress my children in these colors, I don't decorate with these colors, and they certainly aren't my "go to" colors when it comes to papercrafting.  I do, however, really like apricot.  And since I happened to have teal and orchid in some of my stacks, I thought I'd might as well give it a try.  Surprise, surprise, I really like how it turned out.  For this card I resurrected a stamp set from my Stampin' Up! demo days called Pretty Princess.  I hope you like it!

7 comments:

Angelica Suarez said...

LOL I loved reading your entry - I think your card turned out beautiful! Love the bling and sparkle on your cake. Great job! Thanks so much for playing along at PKS this week!! ~ Angelica :)

GabyCreates.com said...

Well, you did just great with non-favorite colors!!!!

Lorie said...

Isn't it amazing how hard some of these color challenges are? Then I love it when I'm pleasantly surprised with the results! I guess you know it was a good challenge when that happens, and I'm so happy you could join us for the PKS challenge this week! Your card is wonderful!

Hugs,
Lorie

Unknown said...

LOL!! SO glad you decided to stick with it Andrea. I felt the same as you 'till I made my card and lo and behold, I changed my mind about the combo totally. It was truly a challenge, and you rocked it!!!
It's great to have you playing along with us at Peachy Keen. Good luck! Viv xx

Carol<>< said...

very nice!
Carol<><

Raven B said...

This is just adorable. I love the embossing you used on here.
Hugs,
Raven

Samantha Casey said...

Your card turned out very well! I like how you colored the cake! Thanks for playing with Peachy Keen and good luck!!
-Samantha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...