Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My Pink Stamper Design Team - April

Welcome!  I'm so glad that you have joined me today for the My Pink Stamper Design Team project for the month of April.  The theme for this month is Teacher Gifts.  It's that time of the year - the school year is starting to wind down, the kids have spring fever, and both teachers and kids are dreaming of summer vacation.  Do you have a special teacher in your life?  Maybe you are a teacher!  If you are, my hat is off to you.  My children have all had wonderful teachers this year, and I'm grateful for all of their hard work.  So of course, the very least I can do is make a little something special to say thank you.

The My Pink Stamper stamp set that I am featuring is School Days:





















I continue to experiment with my Silhouette SD.  Last week's find was this beautiful tulip.  I love tulips!  They're my favorite flower. 























I used a baby food jar for the vase.  Inside is a foam ball, the type you get from the floral department for arrangements.  Each of the blossoms is glued to a dowel that was painted green.  I used the Plantin Schoolbook Cricut cartridge for some of the grass - the long pieces were cut free-hand.  And these flowers won't wither and die!

Stamp:  My Pink Stamper School Days
Silhouette cut: 3D Tulip
Cricut Cartridge:  Plantin Schoolbook
Paper:  Pebbles Inc (Ever After line), AC Cardstock, Stampin' Up!
Border Punch:  Martha Stewart
Accessories:  American Crafts (ribbon), wood dowel, floral foam ball, baby food jar

Thanks for stopping by today!  If you haven't already, be sure to swing over to My Pink Stamper so you can see all the wonderful projects my fellow designers have made.  Have a great day!

7 comments:

Val said...

OOOOHHHH, so pretty! Any teacher in your life will be so thrilled to get this! TFS!

Unknown said...

Such a great teacher gift. I love all the details on the tulips.

TheTulipCollector said...

I've been trying to figure out 3D Paper Tulips. You did a fantastic job. I love it!!!! I know what I am going to try this weekend!!!

LindaV
The Tulip Collector
http://TheTulipCollector.Blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Cutest thing ever. I love the pink tulips! want to be a teacher now and receive great gifts like this one.

DIANA L. said...

These came out so pretty what a great teacher gift.

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Missy said...

Great flowers Andrea, the papers are so pretty & I love the fact that they will be around for a long time!!

Dee Burns said...

Love how this turned out. The Pink Flowers will be great on a teacher's desk this time of year. What a great gift and inspiration.

Have a great day!
Dee B

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...