Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A fun new tool

I wish I could say that I was having fun with my new Gypsy, but alas, it has been a bit of a headache.  Although I must admit, it is not poor Gypsy's (or Provo Craft's) fault.  Apparently I have software on my computer that interferes with downloading the Gypsy updates.  I finally resorted to asking a kind friend if I could use her laptop to install my updates, and voila!  We're up and running.  Hopefully I will be able to have some Gypsy posts soon.

The fun new tool that I discovered is the Imaginisce Petal Roller.  Who knew such a simple little object could create such beauty!  I first discovered this while perusing the Roberts Crafts blog where they had the most gorgeous paper flower wreath project that was made using the Petal Roller.  Basically, it is a quilling tool on one end with a stylus on the other.  You can see a video tutorial on how to use the tool here.

Today, in between conversations with Provo Craft's tech support, I decided I needed to try and let go of the frustration and regain some of my crafting mojo so I picked up my petal roller and started, well, rolling.  After I had my three rosettes I knew I had to decorate a cute little box with them.  Can I just say, I love my Expression!  It's so nice being able to use that "fit to page" function and create a decent sized box!  With the right tools creating is, well, a piece of cake!



Cricut Cartridge:  Tags, Bags, Boxes & More, Walk in My Garden (leaves)
Paper:  DCWV, Imaginisce, AC Cardstock
Tool:  Imaginisce Paper Roller
Ribbon:  Offray
Bling:  Stickles

6 comments:

Summer said...

so sweet at cute, TFS good luck with your G.

xantogal said...

Hooray for things that work!! :)

Libby Beach said...

How beautiful!! I love those rosettes!! Very pretty :) Good luck with your Gypsy. I had some issues with my Design Studio, which I know is a totally different thing, but what got me un-stuck was uninstalling it, then reinstalling it. It might work??

Jess said...

Cute project!

Court said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I just love this!!!! And I'm on the Imaginisce DT too, so I am loving this project even more! I just got the petal roller and I love it! :) This project is just so elegant! I love the Easter Egg tree too and am SO looking forward to being on the MPS DT with you!!! :)

emily said...

i love this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...