Thursday, March 11, 2010

Laundry rant

Where do you fold your laundry?  Do you fold each load as it is done on top of your completely clear dryer surface?  Do you have a counter in your laundry room?  Or are you one of the millions of people who dumps all the clean loads of laundry on top of your bed, with the best of intentions to fold it all that day, only to end up with an enormous pile of clean laundry on the floor at the foot of your bed?  I mean, a person needs a place to sleep at night, after all.  OK - so maybe there aren't millions of people who do that, and I'M NOT ADMITTING ANYTHING!  Especially considering that I have a really nice laundry/craft room that just happens to be leaning more towards the crafting function and is a little cluttered at the moment.  I mean, hypothetically...

This morning when I woke up I honestly looked at the pile of laundry, and turned to my husband and sighed, "The laundry fairies didn't come last night."  Well this afternoon, I finally broke down and started folding the laundry.  I could not believe what I found!  I usually toss the socks aside as I am folding with the intent of folding them later.  What did I find in my pile of clean socks?  Dirty ones!  And I know how it happened too.
  1. Nameless child comes to laundry room and gets a new pair of socks.
  2. Child proceeds to take off dirty socks, and leaves them on laundry room floor.
  3. Child puts on clean socks.
  4. Various family members come in to laundry room, find socks on the floor, and add them to the laundry basket full of (clean) socks.
It's my fault really.  If I kept the socks folded and put away, they could leave the dirty socks on their bedroom floor instead.  Honestly, this is right up there with finding clean, folded, laundry in the dirty laundry basket because they didn't feel like putting the clothes away in their closet/dresser.  OR my personal favorite, all the garbage I find on the floor around the empty trash can in their room and bathroom.  Is it any wonder that some animals eat their young?

1 comment:

Deb said...

I have the honor of my hubby doing the laundry so all I have to do is put mine away. So i can't feel your pain as of yet. The hope is once we move Lee will get back to work and we will share the house duties again...I'm sure we will have the live out of baskets like we did in FW. I hate folding clothes...I would put it off until I had no more baskets and then dump it on the bed and have a huge pile to fold...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...