Monday, March 8, 2010

I'm surrounded!


My entire family is sick!  And it's no wonder.  My daughters were in a musical at school two weeks ago that they had had early morning practices for since January.  And despite my best efforts, they weren't terribly cooperative about going to bed early during this time.  They made it through the week of performances and BAM!  They both got sick with a really bad cold.  My husband, brilliant musician that he is, was doing the percussion for the musical and I don't know if it was the fact that he was surrounded by kids, or the change in his schedule, or what but he got it too.  And then, of coarse, the inevitable happened and my 3 year old little guy got sick - probably the worst of everyone.  You can wash their hands, sanitize every surface, give them their vitamins and they still get sick.  I love my children, but they really are just walking cesspools.

As a mom isn't it always the case that when you're family is sick, you get up with them, wipe their noses, get them medicine, etc., only to wear yourself down to the point that you finally succumb and get sick the worst of everyone?  I haven't had a cold/flu since last July (knock on wood)!  I have had probably the healthiest winter I have ever had which is for one of two reasons.  Either it is because I got sick so many times last year that I am immune to all the bugs out there this year, or because I got a flu shot for the first time last fall.  Either way, I will get a flu shot every year from now on, and I DON'T WANT TO GET SICK!!  Help!

There are some advantages though, I suppose.  Because he's been sick my 3 year old has been napping in the afternoon, which normally happens sporadically at best.  So I have had a little time to play in the craft room.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors in the strawberry card.  This was made using, once again, Stampendous stamps - specifically Fresh Fruit

 
And this little bunny was made using the Penny Black set called Garden Friends.
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...