Thursday, June 17, 2010

Gourmet Goodies

It seems that as soon as school is out my children decide it's time to set up a lemonade or Kool-Aid stand.  It's one of those things that I remember doing as a child, and now I find myself wondering why my parents let me!  The way my mind works is, if you want to earn some money you need to be selling something that people will actually want to buy.  So once in a while, during a moment of insanity, I agree to make something that my children can sell to earn some extra money.  It's actually a good way to teach the kids a little economics with the cost of supplies, the time it takes to make things, how much to charge, etc.  With Father's Day coming up on Sunday, I naturally thought:  food.  So this is what we have made so far:  homemade caramel and chocolate dipped pretzel rods, and chocolate dipped rice krispies.  We're going to wrap them up in cellophane, complete with ribbon, and of coarse a cute tag!  What's next?  Homemade marshmallows.  I've never made those before, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...