Thursday, May 13, 2010

Checking in

I just wanted to let you know that I'm still here - barely.  I have pneumonia.  So, not only does it stink to be sick, but you have to hear the circumstances.

Last week was my long awaited trip with my husband to NYC.  A couple of days before we left, I'm starting to think I'm coming down with something.  The day before we leave, I know I'm coming down with something.  The day we arrive, I'm not feeling the greatest, but it's tolerable and we go to Serendipity for dinner and frozen hot chocolate.  Yum!

The next morning, I'm starting to feel seriously yucky, but we had planned on going to see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, so we decide to go anyway.  I sweat profusely most of the time and spend far too much time (if you know what I mean) inside of one of the filthiest bathrooms I have ever seen.  That evening we go to see The Addams Family on Broadway, after I just about pass out from the climb to our seats!  Good show though.  How could I miss the opportunity to see both Nathan Lane and Bebe Neuwirth - Broadway icons - in a show together!

The next day I am supposed to be working alongside my husband, but he is good enough to give me the day to try and feel better before the big day when he really needs my help.  So I'm in NYC, one of my favorite cities in the world, and I spend the day in bed.  Although I did manage to make a quick trip to FAO Schwartz to buy the most seriously adorable toy monster for my 3 year old.

The next day I somehow managed, through answered prayers, to work all day, on my feet most of the time, without keeling over.  But I get to see my husband doing what he does best and am very proud of him.

Fly home.

Go to the doctor to find out that I have pneumonia.  Oh!  That would explain why I have been feeling so lousy for the past, oh, 6 days!  I'm sorry, I know this must be incredibly boring to read.  But I need some sympathy!  I was SO looking forward to this trip with my husband, and our whole first day he kept turning to me and saying, "I'm so glad you're here with me!"  He was very sweet about the whole thing, but let's just say we're both feeling a little ripped off. 

And the icing on the cake is, the children are all sick too.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Hope you're on the mend. Aaron got sick on one of our trips away and I was so disappointed for both of us. Sounds like you still got some fun in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...