Thursday, October 8, 2009

This is my favorite time of year

although I have to admit, I much prefer autumn in the east.  It used to be that every time I expressed my lament at the lack of trees here in Utah, my husband would look around at the mountains and say, "What are you talking about?!"  Then we lived in northeast Indiana for a few years, and he finally understood.  The fall colors on the mountains are beautiful nonetheless.

What could be more natural than for me to combine my favorite season with my paper fetish?


 

I have two pictures so that you can see more detail in the card.  The flash creates a bit of a glare on "gratitude", but it highlights the cool colors in the embossing powder on the leaf.

Stamps:  Autumn Leaves (how appropriate) and Stampin' Up!
Paper:  Bazzill, DCWV, Roberts Crafts, The Paper Company
Embossing folder:  Quickutz Leaves
Magic Mesh:  Brown fine weave
Ink:  Versamark     
Ribbon:  Michaels
Embossing powder:  Stampin' Up! and Creations Unlimited
Sewing Machine:  Brother

1 comment:

emily said...

I was just looking around today and admiring the fall color. Great card! It combines my favorite fetish too: sewing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...