Saturday, October 10, 2009

What's for dinner?

I am sitting here at the computer printing a recipe for Sweet and Sour Chicken that is a family favorite because I seem to have misplaced my copy.  I just have to give a little shout-out for my favorite source for recipes these days:  Allrecipes.com.  I just can't say enough good about this website, but here are a few of my favorite features:
  • The recipes are rated, so you don't have to worry about using a dud.  And you can actually go through and read the reviews written by other cooks so you can get ideas on how to improve the recipe, or a pitfall to avoid.  You can also rate the recipes too!
  • The ingredient search:  I LOVE THIS!  I have literally plugged in ingredients that I needed to use up and seen what kinds of recipes came up.  Sometimes I know what kind of recipe I am looking for and just need to find one that has a certain ingredient, and maybe one that doesn't have another.  You can search for ingredients that you want to include and exclude.  This would be a great feature to use if you have food allergies.
  • Nutritional information:  A lot of the recipes also have nutritional information provided.  This is fabulous for people who are counting their calories, or needing to watch their sodium intake.
If you join Allrecipes you can have your own online recipe box where you can save your favorites too.  Check it out!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...