Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Time for a change

Anyone who ever has followed this blog knows that I haven't updated it for a long time - for a year as a matter of fact!  I think I figured out that even though I know how to be frugal, I don't necessarily like talking about it all the time.  So I started thinking about what I feel passionate about, what I would have fun sharing, and what (hopefully) would be fun for others to read.

Here's my confession:  I'm a housemuffin.  What is a housemuffin you might ask?  I don't know who originally coined the phrase, but I know that I am a housemuffin because I am the daughter of a confessed housemuffin.  My mother is one of the most creative, intelligent people I know.  My mother sews, cooks, gardens, and is an incredible artist just to name a few of her many talents.  She taught me the joys of working with my hands, and perhaps more importantly, home was a place that I wanted to be because of her.  Because of her fine example I too am drawn to the "domestic arts".  I like to cook for my family, I love to go into my craft room and play, and I love a clean and orderly house - well theoretically, it doesn't happen that often!

I would also like to welcome my good friend and fellow housemuffin, Emily.  She is one of the most talented and creative people I know, and I might add, is much more adventurous when it comes to trying new projects than I am.  I love reading her blog and can't wait to read her contributions here.

If you don't feel like you have been blessed with talents in the domestic arts, I am here to tell you that they are worth aspiring to!  As Emily and I find the divine in our day to day domesticity you will have opportunity to share in our triumphs and failures in everything from crafting to housekeeping to provident living.  Here's to finding fulfillment within the walls of our homes!

1 comment:

emily said...

Ahhh, thanks! I can't wait to build this blog too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...