Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Crazy for Critters

It's amazing how time flies when you're living in an antihistamine haze...

Last week when Michaels was having their fabulous Cricut Cartridge sale, I never dreamed they would have the new cartridges in stock and part of the sale - but they did!  So I picked up Create a Critter and some super cute ribbon to go along with it.

I took the opportunity to scrapbook our recent trip to the zoo, and you need to realize, this is a huge accomplishment.  No really, a HUGE accomplishment.  I haven't done any scrapbooking in years - not since my oldest was about 2, and she's 10 now.  I think that scrapbooking can be really overwhelming if you allow it to be.  I've just decided that I am going to do it when I feel inspired to.  And I just happened to have this new cartridge, and new zebra striped ribbon, and zebra brads.  The fact that we didn't see any zebras that day is completely beside the point!  Here is what I have made so far:

In the process of putting together this post I found some fantastic news!  First of all, the Cricut website has a preview of upcoming cartridges, and has a bunch of Cuttlebug products that are coming out that are companions to a number of the new Cricut cartridges.  I am so excited!  The companion embossing folders are totally adorable.  I will definitely be watching for those in the stores.
Also, Michaels has on their home page a 20% off your entire purchase coupon, including sale items, that you don't have to sign up for anything to print.  Too bad I've spent my limit this month.

2 comments:

Deb said...

My dad is buying a cricut tomorrow, but I get to use it on long term loan. Which translates to it is mine. But when other family members want to use it I have to share. So I'll be looking for more tips from you soon.

Andrea said...

Be sure to visit www.mypinkstamper.com. That's where I learned to use mine. I'd be happy to give you pointers too though. Are you getting the regular Cricut, or an Expression?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...