Friday, April 30, 2010

Special Delivery

A friend of mine is having a baby this weekend, and is expecting a little boy.  So I took the opportunity to play a little.  I went to a seriously great DCWV warehouse sale yesterday and picked up some really fun paper.  In the past I have kind of shied away from using cardstock with a white core.  I was a SU demonstrator for years and one of the things they always kind of boasted was the fact that their cardstock is a solid color all the way through.  So I guess I kind of got indoctrinated, or confused, or something because I just equated white core cardstock as bad.  Silly, eh?  It was actually getting the Create a Critter Cricut cartridge that opened my eyes to the endless creative possibilities with white core cardstock.  Or even better, Core'dinations cardstock.


Anybody who looks at this, you need to respond and tell me how beautiful the sewing is on this card.  You would not believe the drama with trying to get it there!  My girls have taken an interest in sewing, and I reluctantly let my 10 year old use my machine a few times this week.  Well, when I sat down to do the stitching on this card, my machine seized up!  Waaaahhhh!!  There's something wrong with the bobbin casing, and I'm so (sew) sad!  Luckily we gave my 8 year old her own machine for her birthday last year, so I was able to use hers.  Time for a trip to the repair shop...

1 comment:

Deb said...

Oh no. It does look awesome. I can't wait to use my/dads cricut more. I did use it to "test" out the one project that he wants done. On the youtube post you sent me the lady said she uses contact paper. So I think I'm going to try that...its cheaper and you get lots more of it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...